Not unlike other silat, Silat Cekak Hanafi also has its own official weapon which is the Lading; which, in the whole of Malaysia, is only well-known in the state of Kedah Darul Aman. This weapon is used by practitioners of Silat Cekak Hanafi to defend against all manner empty handed or weapon attacks.
However, the Lading is only presented to those practitioners who have reached a certain level and whose loyalty to the association has been proven. Most of these recipients are those who have been actively involved in the movement fro more than ten years.
The size and shape of the Lading depends on the user since each practitioner has a different proportion and body measurement. Below are the measurement of the Lading:
1. The length of the Lading ius equal to the distance between the left ear to the right eye or right ear to the left eye of the user. Its hidden meaning: The weapon will arrive at whatever is seen or heard. (A)
2. The width of the Lading at its hilt is the same as the width of the users thumbnail. (B)
3. The width of end of the blade is the same as the length of the users thumbnail. (C)
4. The length of the cutting edge itself is the same as the distance between the two eyes of the user. (D)
5. The hilt of the Lading takes the shape of deer’s hoof and is made from the forn of a female buffalo. (E)
http://silat2.8m.com/ch2.html ( You can saw the lading at this website )